Paintball: A true sport just like any other
It is not uncommon to hear people murmur whether paintballing can be described as a true sport or not. It is just as fun and as intense as any other sport out there with the necessary thrills that will make you break a sweat no doubt. You don’t believe me? Just wait until a pellet hits your mask from an opponent and see just how much you would want to spray your opponent with some of your best shots. It will cost you some physical energy and fast-paced movements with an objective in mind to win against your opponents and that’s what makes it a thrilling sport like any other.
Just like any other sport, you would need the right gear for a game and a mask is one of them. There is going to be some crazy shooting in the game and you don’t want a splash of color all over your face and moisturized hair after a thrilling session of pure sportsmanship, do you?
Are these masks really necessary?
Paintball masks are safety gear that all players engaging in the sport are required to don at all times during every session without fail. It is important for every player to wear them to avoid getting badly hit from an opponent and get up involved in some unnecessary post-match grudges. A good mask should cover your face, hair, eyes, mouth, nostrils, ears and a throat guard or whatever you best prefer.
Supplement your match set
Getting yourself a nice mask is not just a requirement but also increase every chance you have of winning is the safest way possible. This means digging into your pocket and investing in a fantastic mask as you get ready for some exciting match.
There are a variety of advanced and swanky options for you to choose online as you get ready for the next match. They come in different price ranges depending on your taste and preferences and all you need to do is analyze your match needs and go for the goal.
Different types of masks you can buy
There are different types of masks you can choose to buy:
- Basic masks: They are generally affordable with rubber gaskets in the interior lining and generally available for renting because the rubber is relatively easy to clean. They also come with a single pane lens with poor ventilation systems focused on the front side. The rubber gaskets will get annoying after some time and chances of the mask fogging up are very high because of poor ventilation.
- Intermediate masks: Quite similar to basic masks but come with tiny improvements like the use of foam padding instead of rubber gaskets. They are a lot more comfortable.
- Advanced masks: They come with a lot of improved features as compared to basic and intermediate masks and are design to maximize comfort. The foam padding is thicker and softer too, providing you with much better ventilation. Mostly come with dual lenses. They aren’t sit streamlined making them suitable for those who put on glasses underneath. They also come with anti-fog capabilities.
- Premium masks: They are the ultimate playing masks because they are very comfortable while playing. All you need to do is spend a little more and choose the right fit and you will get deal lenses, great ventilation, no fogging up and lightweight. No one can sneak up on you because your lenses are quite wide giving you a greater field of view.
How important are masks in a game?
The mask you choose for your game is going to either help you get some fire shots or kicked to the curb. Why are these masks worth buying?
- They aid your vision: You don’t want fog or anything else getting in your sight while in the middle of your match. You need a full and clear vision of your opponent to plan your next move. The masks come with some interesting design features like thermal design lenses and anti-fog features that will see you shoot your perfect shots.
- Assist your hearing: While in the pitch, you need to be fully aware of your environment and that means being able to hear everything happening around you. Masks can be heavily padded and if you are not keen, you might end up picking a mask that does quite the opposite of assisting you to hear everything near you.
- Increase your level of comfort: The foam padding in the masks makes them feel easy around your face and just as important in protecting it while covering all the sensitive area from the eyes to the throat. Get a mask that lets you replace the foam padding after it gets worn out after some consecutive thrilling battles.
- Protect your eyes: The masks come with situational visors that can come I handy in helping protect you from taking a direct hit from the sun for you to make a direct hit against your opponent. Furthermore, they can be especially useful when it rains since they help stop the rainwater from penetrating into the breathing vents. Some masks come with detachable vents.
Some cool features of a good paintball mask
These masks come fully loaded with some amazing features like:
- Scratch resistance: Scratches can be very annoying since they can hamper your vision especially if you have a mask that is not scratch resistant. The ability to resist scratch gives you a competitive advantage over your opponent.
- Sturdiness: A game of Gotcha is intense and these balls come at some incredible speeds of approximately 300 feet per second. Now imagine having a mask that cannot withstand such speeds? Not cool, right? Therefore, investing in a sturdy mask is worth it because taking hits will have minimal damage.
- Fog resistance: Nothing can be worse than your fogging up when you are fully invested in the game. Get yourself a mask with fog resistance capabilities plus thermal lenses. They play a significant role in preventing fogging. Every time you breathe the mask can easily fog up but you don’t have to worry because the thermal lenses will take care of that.
Pointers to help you choose the best mask
Some few pointers before you buy a mask:
- Invest in a high-quality mask other than investing more on a marker. Doing so is just a novice move. You will be taking care of your protection and you will be taking care of your field of vision. Classic killing two birds with one stone.
- If you are a beginner, go for a mask with a sturdier exterior because the trust you are going to get a few headshots before you get a proper grip of the game.
- Ventilation is just as important. You can easily pass out in the middle of an adrenaline-filled match if you don’t adequately cater for your breathing needs.