The Crosman Optimus is a break barrel gun which means that you have to cock it each time you want to shoot. Break barrel guns are the easiest of all air guns to load because the breach is exposed when it breaks open. Besides, it gives you an unlimited shooting capacity and is easy to repair because of its simple mechanism. Finally, this break barrel gun is easy to clean since you have direct access to the barrel. This is a single-shot gun that gives you control over ammunition and makes you a better shooter because you know you have to make your first shot count. The rifled barrel has a caliber (the internal diameter of the bore, measured in inches) of .177 (4.5 millimeters) and .22 (5.5 millimeters). While .177 is popular for target shooting, .22 is a go-to caliber for hunters and pest eliminators because it delivers lethal knockdown power for small game, something that .177 cannot guarantee. If you are a fan of open sights, you’re going to love Optimus's sight.
Why You Have It:
- Pellet Velocity: Up to 800 fps
- Alloy Pellet Velocity: Up to 950 fps
- Length: 45 inches
- Shoots .22 caliber pellets
- Spring-powered break barrel shoots up to 950 FPS (alloy)
- Includes CenterPoint 4x32mm precision scope
- Light cocking force and two-stage adjustable trigger
- Ideal for target shooting and pest control.